Monday, January 28, 2013

I Want to Take You to the Candy Shop

On January 23 I went to see a candy-themed exhibit with two of my classmates and two friends from Minnesota. It was a really cute exhibit! Going to see different exhibits is really nice for sparking creative ideas or just to see what others can create. Art exhibits are really inspiring!

I took a bunch of photos, which have taken a long time to edit because I'm working on a netbook and I'm not good at editing photos...


Photobucket
Welcome to Candy Wonderland!

Photobucket
Check your height! Over 100cm~

Photobucket
Sweet Memories

Photobucket
What type of candy is your love?


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Unique candies from different countries! There were a lot more countries, but I didn't want to upload too many!

In the Vintage Candy section there were some vintage-looking sculptures made of sugar and a vintage-looking candy shop:
Photobucket

There was also a Poke Prize section where each person could poke a box for a prize:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I don't think this section had a name, but we took some fun photos:
PhotobucketCIMG4850

In the Sweet Fairytale rooms I took a bunch of photos in the Jack and the Beanstalk room because it was so cute!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

There was a Cinderella room with a carriage!
CIMG4880

In the Holiday section I took photos with the Valentine's Day display:
Photobucket

In the Sweet Art section there was a funny background:
Photobucket

And also artworks made of jelly beans!! There was a display of Skrik that you could take photos with. I tried to make a good face:
Photobucket

Since I had purchased the tickets before the pre-purchase deadline, not only did we get a discount but we could also exchange for a lollipop! I forgot to take photos in the Zodiac room, but one of the small candies came from the Zodiac room:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

To make this even sweeter, when you purchase tickets at 7-11 using the ibon system (it is like a self-serve computer system that prints your tickets) the tickets also work as coupons. For example, buying a High Speed Rail ticket gets you Buy-One-Get-One at Starbucks. The event ticket we bought this time gets Buy 4 Get 2 or Buy 8 Get 4 at Mister Donut!