Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Holidays! DIY Cards

Happy International Lolita Day! I was not able to celebrate this year, but I thought I would share some mechanical cards I have been making for a variety of holidays. I am no professional by any means, but I will give the names of the styles and you can look online to find tutorials :) For some of them I used tutorials, for some I just looked at the photos and figured it out myself!

It is really neat to gift handmade cards because it's much more personal than store-bought ones. Plus, cards with moving parts or unique folds make everybody happier!

My favorite card so far is this Thanksgiving card! The tail opens and closes :)
This is called a fan card

PhotobucketPhotobucket

This is a Christmas side-step card
Photobucket
This is a (failed) cascade card)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This is a pop-up gingerbread house card
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This is a New Year tri-fold card
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This is a Christmas waterfall card.  The tree becomes more and more decorated as the pages are flipped
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This is a Christmas easel card.  It's nice for displaying!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This is a bunny swivel card.  The bunny has cotton on it and it turns as you open the card so it's visible from the front and the inside
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Christmas tri-fold or tri-shutter card
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Chinese New Year side-step card with a sliding fairy that slides across the cityscape!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
A general card.  The idea for the words came to me while I was sleeping, and I made it into a pull-tab card!
PhotobucketPhotobucket


I hope these were fun to see!  What did you do for International Lolita Day?  Are you going to be making cards for anybody this season?  Hope you have a good holiday season!