Tuesday, September 25, 2012

With the Strength of Taipei...

We will blast off into the future!
Today I had Fabric Printing Design class. Our teacher had us all join a T-shirt design contest where the topic was "Taipei's Strength/Power." Not going to lie - I am awful at computer graphics and really didn't want to do this contest, so I made a really, really silly design!

Taipei Tshirt Competition

The images are all Googled (Taipei 101, Rocket Blast, and Cute Cartoon Dinosaur) and then I used Photoshop and Illustrator to put it together.

OK this is a really silly post, but it is one of the things we did in fashion design school. You don't always get to design the things you like. Last week we designed wallpaper. One of my designs was chosen, so hopefully there will be a small, monetary prize!

Next week we are going to start designing our actual fabric prints. I want to do one with dinosaurs, fossils, and/or cake and sweets. Dinosaur Sweets!