Monday, February 6, 2012

End of Festivities

Chinese New Year has come to an end ^0^ Today is the fifteenth day, also known as Lantern Festival!

Traditionally this would be the day to light lanterns and carry them throughout the streets either to guide ghosts back home or to make it look like the city is on fire, depending on what legends you believe ;)

My mother used to tell us about her brothers used to make lanterns from bamboo when they were young. At the end of the festivities the lanterns would be thrown to the ground so the candle would burn up the lantern. Nowadays, of course we're all a bunch of lazy slobs and pretty much only enjoy the last and most delicious aspect of Lantern Festival, tangyuan (湯圓)

Photobucket
Terrible photo :( Sesame tangyuan in fermented glutinous rice. Everything is just storebought. In America we actually used to make this ourselves!

I hope you have all had a fantastic New Year :) I am going to interview for a third job tomorrow morning. Even though 3 jobs may sound a lot, my two current jobs have very few hours and I spend a lot of time bumming around at home.

So I want to do more tutorials! If there are any requests please let me know and I will see what I can do :P Clothing, Lolita, accessories, room-use things like organizers, etc.