Saturday, February 26, 2011

Review~My Beauty Diary Pearl Powder Mask

Doll-like porcelain skin; such is the goal for many a Lolita. Whether it is achieved through skincare, makeup, or even photoshop (for those pimples that come the morning of a meetup!) flawless skin is an unmistakable sign of beauty and good health. Personally, I am no good at photoshop or makeup, so skincare it is! Not to mention the fact that it is healthier and the longest-lasting ;D Today I am going to share a product I tried and how it worked for me!

Masking is super popular in Asia. Masks are available in so many type to solve any skin condition you can think of! There are moisturizing, whitening, brightening, anti-wrinkle, lifting, firming, radiance-boosting, etc. masks.

In Taiwan, there is a brand called 我的美麗日記 or My Beauty Diary which is very famous and popular. They even recently teamed up with Hello Kitty to make a strawberry mask! I bought a 10-pc. box of Pearl Powder Mask to try it out for myself!


Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension

Basic Stats:
* Pearl Powder Mask

* Purpose: Whitening and hydrating

* Skin Type: All skin types

* Pack Size - 10 pcs

Description:
A pre-soaked and pre-cut facial mask drenched with amino acids and trace elements that effortlessly penetrate the skin’s layers to create a fairer and more luminous complexion. Vitamin B and seaweed nourish the skin, making it velvety smooth with improved elasticity. Regular use whitens, hydrates and restores skin’s youthful radiance. Recommended for dull and damaged skin. By My Beauty Diary.

I usually use masks after showering and washing my face with cleanser because the pores are more open after a hot shower and my face is clean! So please excuse the wet hair in the following photos ;)

Photobucket
First problem I encountered was the mask shape. I circled the problem areas in this photo. As you can see, it does not rest fully on the nose bridge area. The portion of the mask between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip is also far too wide! It actually covers my upper lip O_o

Photobucket
My solution? Cut the mask! By making a small snip in the eye circle, extending the nose area cut, and trimming off a portion of the mouth area, the mask now covers fully where it should, and not where it shouldn't.

Photobucket
Clickable thumbnail to show the sides of the mask.

Photobucket
Clickable thumbnail of the mask post-usage to show its shape. The original mask only has the two bottom cuts at the outer edge of the mask, and the bottom portion of the nose cut.

Overall Impression:
I liked this mask because it really felt hydrating and moisturizing! I would use it at night and in the morning my face still felt really soft and elastic. I can't really say if the whitening worked for me because I am already fairer than average Asian skin.
This mask needs to sit for 20-30 minutes, which is longer than the usual 10 minutes by most other masks. It doesn't bother me though, because I do it at night and I like it!

Essence: ♥♥♥♥♥ A lot of essence in this mask! Use the leftover essence on your neck, arms, and legs.
Mask Shape:♥♥♥ Requires a bit of trimming for each use. The upper lip part bothers me the most!
Results: ♥♥♥♥ Wonderfully hydrating, but no results for the whitening promise, though it may be more obvious on darker skin.
Price: ♥♥♥♥ About average price. I bought my box on sale so it was cheaper :)