Monday, May 3, 2010

The Longest Meetup There Ever Was

On Thursday, April 29, The MN Rufflebutts planned the longest meetup in the history of Rufflebutt meetups. It consisted of three parts - Dining Out for Life, Art in Bloom, and a Communist Party.

No, not THAT kind of Communist Party. It was a club event with the FASHION of Communist times, but with none of the politics ;)

Many photos were taken, much fun was had, and I brought my mother along! :D I am sort of a tool like that

meetup
Here we are at AZIA, an fairly expensive restaurant in downtown Minneapolis. I do not plan on ever going back there again - the food was not worth the price...

meetup
My outfit of the day!
JSK by Blasphemina's Closet

I won't bore you with all the flower arrangements from Art in Bloom (the theme was Hello Tokyo!) but here is my favorite!

meetup

Samantha Rei of Blasphemina's Closet had a fashion show and presentation there, but unfortunately the group I was with missed it ^^; We were lost inside the Minneapolis Institute or Arts! Eventually we did happen to run into the other group of lolitas, and all headed out for some bubble tea at the Tea Garden

Then we went to the hardest to locate club ever - Bolt Underground. It was quite literally underground. And to access it, you had to go into a Core Power Yoga door, head down a hidden hallway, and then down a dark flight of stairs to arrive at the smallest club I have ever been to. Well, it was the second club I have ever been to, but it was small! There was a hallway half taken-up by the bar, and a dance floor in front of a very small stage. The music was mostly industrial, and the Rufflebutts wasted no time in getting the frilliest dance circle there ever was on the floor

All in all, it was a fun meetup! I cannot wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!