Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lolita 100 Meme #81-90

Previously I have been posting 10 question from the ever famous Lolita 100 Baton, but stopped because at the time I actually had probably less than 10 followers ^^;

Now that I have 70 (following on Google, anyway. Sometimes I follow blogs with RSS readers and I don't think that shows up under the Google follower count), I guess it would be good to let you all know a little more about me! You can read previous entries by clicking on the "Intro" tag. I'm sure I've changed since I started posting, so it will be quite interesting!


(81) 普段の服装の系統は?(How do you dress normally?)
uh... in lolita, I suppose! Sometimes I like to wear street fashion too though! Or kigurumi :3
Since moving to Taiwan I've been trying to fund both my Lolita wardrobe and my "Earthling" wardrobe. Totally off topic, but what do you guys call non-Lolita fashion? "Earthling" is a direct translation from Chinese "地球人" but sounds weird in English....
Sometimes "normie" clothes are necessary for work! It is quite expensive though :o

(82) 中古品に対する抵抗はありますか?(Do you think twice about buying second-hand clothes?)
Yes... I hesitate a little. I have only purchased one second-hand item, my "dream dress" that got me into Lolita fashion in the first place. It is BABY's Parfait print skirt in pink!

(83) 彼(or 夫)はいますか? また、理解はありますか? (Do you have a boyfriend? [or husband?] Does he understand Lolita?)
I don't have a significant other! But when I did date briefly, he never commented on it. Later, he did tell me that his friend thought I was a coser which seems to be the most common thought in Taiwan. It's OK though, they didn't judge me ^u^

(84) 理想の男性像を教えて下さい。(Please tell us your ideal man.)
Someone who will make me feel "When I am with him, I am at my happiest. When I am away from him, I am at my saddest." Even when the worst thing has happened, being with him will make me a little happier. Even when I am very happy, I will want to share it with him. I think this is what true love will feel like
(Hey, was that too cheesy for you all? I promise I won't do that very often!)

(85) 今まであった中で一番印象に残ってるロリィタさんはどんな人?(What Lolita has left a big, shiny impression on you so far?)
I'm guessing this question means who has left a great impression or influence ;D
Currently I am most inspired by real Lolitas I have met. Namely, Kay (kayz0rbeam on LiveJournal) has been my biggest inspiration recently. Also all the Lolitas here in the Taipei area are really good! They make me want to strive to be the best Lolita I can be! And as silly as it sounds, I was definitely inspired by Momoko in the beginning
When I first joined LiveJournal there were a few "efamous" Lolitas who were very active, and very beautiful! The ones that left an impression on me the most are:
Shibahime, Faunkegin, Maetel9, Deedlelu, Amanikitti, and Swdpunk

(86) 自分で服を作ったことがありますか? それはどんな服?(Have you made your own clothes? What are they like?)
Yes! I would like to think that they look good... ;D Check my deviantART to see some things I have made!

(87) 自分で小物を作ったことがありますか? 何を作りましたか?(Have you made your own accessories? What did you make?)
I have made an Alice bow, a wired bow (still experimental), purses, and a pair of earrings

(88) 今まででの自作アイテムでコレは大成功! というものはありますか?(The best item you have made! What is it?)
I would like to think that I improve with each project :)

(89) 理想のロリィタ服やコーディネートがあれば、語って下さい。(Please say your most perfect Lolita coordination you wear.)
I am not 100% satisfied with any coordinate yet, so none yet! I need to rebuild my wardrobe and add more to it!

(90) 憧れの方はいますか? どんな人ですか?(Do you admire someone? What are they like?)
In terms of Lolita, I admire:
Novala Takemoto because his writing is quite inspirational
Kay because she makes really intricate coordinates and is my style inspiration (I wish she'd post to daily_lolita so everybody could see them!)
Samm, Heather, and Megan because they are making a living creating beautiful things (Blashpemina's Closet, Scoundrelle's Keep, and Apatico)
The designers of BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT and Innocent World (and maybe Meta) because their clothing is (usually) timelessly elegant and beautiful. Meta pushes the line of fashion, which I think is great! BABY is my original and eternal love because they encompass all the cuteness and elegance Lolita should be without becoming too tacky (most of the time). Innocent World is classy and sweet without being as mature or matronly as other Classic Lolita brands.

Thanks for reading and following my blog! If you like you can fill out your answers to these 10 questions in the comments :) I'd love to get to know my followers better too! Even if you are not a Lolita, I want to hear what you have to say!


And feel free to post your answers to previous Lolita 100 Meme posts too ;) There are some great questions!